Monday, December 10, 2012

It's Reflection Time, People, So Get To Reflecting


  It's that time of year again! Whether you celebrate Yule, or just recognize the passing of one year into the next, it's the time when we take stock of the past year and plan for the next.  Some people relish making New Year's resolutions and some people hate them with a vehemence I don't quite understand.  Whatever you want to call them, I think that it's a good idea to take a good look at where you are and where you want to be each year.

  I did most of my review of the past year at Samhain(in October), but I have recently been focusing on planning the year ahead.  I remember years past when I would literally have a list of a hundred resolutions.  Needless to say, I didn't have nearly enough willpower for most of them. Last year, I made a smaller list of some goals for the new year and I'm ecstatic to say that I've accomplished and made progress in many of them. I feel like really thinking about what I want in my life allows me to take charge of it and make it what I want it to be, instead of just another letting another year slip purposelessly by. Since I've begun to be reflective and intentional about my life, I have really begun to make it what I want it to be and I'm excited to continue this in the years to come.

  I came up with a few questions to help you reflect on the past year and plan for the new one. Leave out any that don't apply to you and, if you like, paste them into a word processor or write them into your journal to think over.


Reflection Questions

The Past Year -

What was the most challenging thing you faced?


What were the highlights?


What were the best books you read?


What were the most meaningful relationships in your life?


How have you grown?


The Next Year -

What are you most looking forward to?


What are your goals?


What relationships would you like to nurture?


What are your learning goals?


How would you like to see yourself grow?


How can you better love your partner?



Happy reflecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...